In a recent blog post for Tecan, Simon Fogarty, Director of the Application Sciences Group the USA, discussed the challenge of increasing productivity through workflows for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
According to Fogarty, the six main questions are:
- Where can I save time, increase throughput, and minimize errors?
- Which steps are wasting precious samples and costly reagents?
- Are protocols reproducible, and if not which steps are causing variation?
- Can complex workflows be simplified and error-proofed?
- Which applications should I automate?
- Should i choose an open or closed automation solution?