The rapid growth in the creation and expansion of biobanks demands a strategy that can support the growth in capacity and demand for sample access.
Biological collections feature a wide range of sample types, and maintaining sample viability is critical. A sample management setup should provide the flexibility required to handle diverse sample types and accommodate the varying storage and processing needs.
Mosaic for Biobanks
Mosaic is ideally suited to the management of biological collections, and has been implemented at sites globally to improve the integrity of managing such collections, with rest-assured efficiency.
- Support for diverse samples within the same collection
- Detailed sample metadata, for example concerning the subject, collection event, disease area, project, parentage and usage information can be recorded in Mosaic’s Inventory
- Data from external systems can be easily integrated into Mosaic
- Mosaic Automated Stores, PDA-based Stores Picking and Placing, and Tube Position Verification software modules are ideal for managing the sample inventory and enabling convenient access to vials and microtubes
- Effective management of manually-accessed freezers, via the Mosaic Manual Stores module, enables easy sample placement and retrieval
- Where samples are held in solution, Mosaic Liquid Handling modules improve the processing and preparation accuracy of such samples
- Comprehensive audit trail and records provided, including freeze/thaw cycles
- Mosaic is proven in regulated applications (e.g. those covered under 21CFR11)
For full details on Mosaic’s functionality and modular capabilities, please visit Mosaic Software.
Mosaic is highly configurable and flexible. Titian works with each of its customers to configure a Mosaic system that supports its sample management workflows and business operational rules.
If you have specific site or application requirements please contact us and our team of Application Consultants will be able to advise on the best setup for you.
Looking for more information?
Please visit Mosaic Software for more information on our sample management software and its capabilities.
Download our white paper on ‘Selecting a Sample Management System for Biobanking’ (968 KB PDF file).
Check which instruments we can integrate with Mosaic by downloading our integrations list (354 KB PDF file).